Tuesday 31 August 2010

And.... we're back!

Well, summer's over here at Pointless Philosophical Asides. The renovations are all finished for now - although "Posts of note" remains conspicuously empty - and we're all putting away our surf boards, dusting off our school blazers and contemplating the harvest of all the lovely seeds we planted before we went away.

First up, some comments I had on the subject of hype, inspired by reading The Quantum Thief by Hannu Rajaniemi. It's no reflection on Mr Rajaniemi's fine book, but hype does rub me the wrong way and... well, just read the post to learn more.

Next up, probably on Friday, we'll finally serve up my much-delayed review of Robo-Hunter vol 1, which has been in the drying cupboard since before the end of July, and then further fine flowers such as China Miélville's Looking for Jake, a collection of the first six issues of Marvel's wonderful What If?, my first thoughts in the current issues of 2000AD and much more besides.

But what, I hear you cry, of short fiction Wednesday? Well, I'm keeping that one mothballed for the meantime until I've caught up with other matters. It'll be back towards the end of this month, probably as a fortnightly rather than weekly feature from now on - I do have a day job, you know.

I hope you've all had a nice summer (or winter, depending on the hemisphere) and look forward to the comments that surely going to come flooding in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.