Some points I might have covered:
- The stupidity of the "aha, what about The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!" counter argument
- The importance of brevity compared to labouring over the minutiae of continuity
- The many ways the comics world has changed that make such a project doomed to failure, at best
- The meagre talents assembled to stand in Alan's and Dave's Mighty Footprints (JMS and Adam Hughes!)
- The transparently, nakedly, shamelessly money grubbing nature of the exercise in the face of broken promises (if not contracts)
I had a serious response half way worked out. But time is limited, and of the many things worth getting cross about, this is surely one of the most trivial. As ever, all you can do is laugh.